Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer, tablet or mobile device when you browse websites; these can be used to recognise your device next time you visit and personalise your browsing experience.
Other tracking technology such as web beacons, gifs, page tags and scripts may also be used to target advertising; these are often used alongside cookies. In this policy we refer to all these types of cookies and other technologies under the umbrella term ‘cookies’
What types of cookies do we set?
The cookies that we set are divided into these types:
1. Functional & Technical Performance Cookies
Functional cookies are essential to the website working correctly and cannot be disabled, these are all set by South Downs Wildlife/Wix and manage these tasks:
• Make our website work as you would expect, such as being able to login or register.
• Remember your settings during and between visits including sessions, baskets and any services you may have signed up for.
• Enable the website to remind you if a product or service renewal is due once you are logged in to your account.
Technical Performance cookies help us to understand how our visitors interact with our website so that we can continue to improve them, these cannot be disabled:
2. Analytical Performance Cookies
These cookies are used to monitor traffic levels to our sites, provide us with general statistics on things like visitor numbers, page views, how the website is found, popularity of content etc. Information from these cookies is combined with data from every visitor to create an overall picture of website use, and is never identified individually or personally and is not linked to any other information we store about you. This allows us to analyse user behaviour & experience so we can continue to improve our web brands.
We use Wix Analytics for these cookies and consent for them to be set is recorded via the cookie CMP (Consent Management Platform) tool on our websites.
Users can find out more about Google Analytics and how to opt out at https://support.wix.com/en/article/about-tracking-tools-analytics
3. Social Media or other Third Party Cookies
These cookies may also be set on other websites that you visit but may follow you on to our web brands
These cookies might allow you to share website content with your friends on social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
How long do cookies stay on my machine?
Our websites use both persistent and session cookies:
• Persistent cookies are used to allow the website to recognise users when they return to the site and to remember certain information about their preferences. These cookies are cookies which stay on your computer permanently, until you “manually” delete them.
• Session cookies are used in order to allow customers to carry information across pages of the website, without having to re-enter such information. These cookies delete themselves automatically when you leave a website and go to another, or when you shut down your browser.
How do I control or delete cookies?
Some essential features of our websites just won’t work without cookies and having cookies switched off can seriously affect the way you’ll be able to enjoy our services.
Functional & Technical Performance cookies cannot be switched off but you can use our CMP (Consent Management Platform) provided by Quantcast to personalise your settings for all other cookies.
If you want to find out more about how to control or remove existing cookies please visit the links below depending on the web browser you use: